Safari in Style
ANGAMA MARA’S TENTED SUITES
A WINDOW ONTO THE WORLD
Architect duo Silvio Rech and Lesley Carstens, and Jan Allan, Kenya’s King of Canvas, designed Angama Mara’s elegant and classical tented suites with an 11-metre wide floor-to-ceiling glass front. Each tent has the same breathtaking view – no one is better than the last – and every day, the sunrise provides guests with early morning theatre as the hot air balloons float gently by.
AT A GLANCE
- The glass frontage offers views from the bed, the bath, the sitting area, the shower and even the w/c
- The roof and other three sides are canvas – classic safari olive on the outside and cream on the inside for romance
- Each tented suite is over 100 sqm, including spacious wooden decks
- Decks are for in-room dining and red rocking chair safaris
- Sleep with the sliding doors open, for the fresh air and sounds of the wild, with meshed doors latched for safety
Highly polished parquet floors, distinctive splashes of Maasai red, a handsome drinks cabinet (with personal bar and safe tactfully tucked away), vanity with double basins, separate w/c, writing desk with ample charging points and tablet with guest information, WiFi, Africology guest amenities, a collection of East African books, a beautiful John Vogel woven screen, and a butler’s lobby allowing for the discreet delivery of early morning tea and coffee, all add to the comfort and delight of guests in their suites.
And because Angama Mara welcomes children of 6 years and older, the lodge has four sets of interconnecting tents, which allow children to move freely between their tent and their parents’ in complete safety and privacy.
CURRENT RATESFROM US$ 825 PER GUEST PER NIGHT
INCLUDING all meals & drinks, safari activities, laundry, and child-minding NOT INCLUDING Park Fees, French Champagne, community visits and hot air balloon safaris